Tuesday 15 February 2011

Delft pottery

 Sue Madex taught me this technique, and I just tweaked it a little by careful choice of colours, as I was going for a Delft pottery look.  Basically, you stamp your image - I chose a white card towards the blue-ish end of white, then stamped Hero Arts "Flourish Flower Border" in Colorbox Royal Blue pigment ink, and colored the flowers in with a very pale blue Tombow marker (that colour is discontinued, I believe).  Then cover the whole thing with Versamark ink, then clear emboss, and then cover again with Versamark, more embossing powder, more heat etc etc etc.  I did this about 5 or 6 times, then put the squares in the freezer for a minute, then as soon as you take them out, crack them to give the impression of crazed pottery.



Believe it or not, these two cards are BOTH on a base of Stampin' Up Ballet Blue - a colour that I absolutely love, and that they discontinued! Boo! :(    The day I photographed the 2nd one was very dull, and I used the flash, hence the colour being a bit odd.  However, you can see the cracked effect on the faux pottery much better in that photo ;)  Below is a close up of another card to show the cracked effect.



Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.