Wednesday 29 June 2011

Week 1, card 2

 As you may know from my last post, I'm participating in Kristina Werner & Jennifer McGuire's Summer Card Camp!  Yay!
The colour combo for this week is purple, pink, sky blue, orange and white.  

I wanted to try to make at least one card a day for the camp, but my plans went out the window yesterday when I had to call 000 (for the Americans out there in blogland, that's the Australian equivalent of 911) to get an ambulance to take my Dad to hospital.  Rest assured, all is well, and he's home safe and sound now, but yesterday was just one of those days you don't want to repeat, you know?

Anyway, it's my job to stay home with him today to make sure everything continues to be fine, so I've been busy this morning with the colour combo again - here's my second card:


The overall card is OK, I think, nothing extra special, but I'm quite pleased with the flower:


And for once, I managed to take a photo that shows the shimmer on the flower!!  (and to prove that, yes, there is orange on the card - just very little!!  LOL! ) 

However, it's hard to make out the background stamp on the blue card - it is a Hero Arts Clings stamp called flourish background, stamped in white.  The flower is a Stampin' Up stamp, and the ribbon, the blue cardstock and the pearl in the middle of the flower are all SU as well.  I used Tombow markers and an SU blender pen for the flower, and shimmer paint mixed with Isocol in a Mini Mister for the shimmer on the flower.

2 comments:

  1. (Fellow camper here). . . Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that flower, and the shimmer looks amazing! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.