Friday 4 November 2011

Ladybirds!!!!

     My good friend, Heidi, rang me the other day to ask me to make a birthday card for her to give to her soon-to-be-1-year-old daughter, Isabella.  When I asked her if she had any idea of what she wanted on the card, she said that the party they have planned for later this month will have a ladybird theme, so ladybirds it is!  (Or ladybugs?  I'm never entirely sure which it is!)
     I decided that a card with a different kind of fold would suit the whimsical nature of ladybirds - and I really wanted one of the ladybirds on the edge of the fold - but first I got the fold in the wrong place and had to start again, and I also started with the fold on the left side of the card, but I couldn't figure out how to arrange the sentiment, but when I turned the card around, with the fold on the right, it all fell into place :)


 It's a bit hard to make out in the photos, but all the little red and black "wings" are raised on dimensional adhesive :)   (btw, they're not actually wings, they're "elytra", or wing covers - the real wings are underneath - sorry, the biology teacher coming out in me!)

 Here's the work in progress - lots of punching :)

 Happy birthday, Isabella!!

PS as one of the ladybirds is sticking out over the fold of the card, I'm posting this at CAS-ual Fridays for this weeks "over the edge" challenge :)

4 comments:

  1. I love it! The ladybugs are ADORABLE and you are so PATIENT. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect card for a one year old. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaw, I love this card ! And it's very nice that you made all the ladybugs by yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, ADORABLE!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.