Friday 22 June 2012

Pink for CASual Fridays

I haven't been at my craft desk in a while - I had SOOOOO much marking to do, and then my craft room reverted to a bedroom for a few days (for nieces and nephew to stay over), which required the removal of a HEAP of my crafty stuff and the folding up of my desk, and then this week I've had 3 days off work (yay!), but have had a headache since Monday. Ugh.  Haven't been able to get up the energy to do pretty much anything. 
However, I was really missing participating in some challenges, so I've made a couple of cards tonight for submission in a few of this week's challenges out there in blogland.
I made this card with CASual Fridays' Pretty in Pink challenge in mind.  I'll also be submitting it for this week's "Less is More" challenge - Something Shiny.  The papers I used are all from Basic Grey, and the zigzag stitch is from a Hero Arts set.  I used Distress stickles in the centre of the flower, and coloured the SU brad with a pink Copic marker. 
 The flower was made using a technique I learned from Sue Madex - you can visit her blog here.

9 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful love the colors. Great Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I would instantly feel better if I received this card:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flower, fab papers and colours, a lovely card.
    Hope your head better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty Michelle!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super flower, lovely card
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty Michelle! Love the colors, your papers and that very pretty flower~ such a pretty construction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on the Clean and Simple blog. Love your blog, you have a style similar to mine, quick and simple card layouts!!! I joined your blog as a follower. I will return often for inspiration. thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! Love your pink flower and zig-zag stitching! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well and had no craft time Michelle:( But this card is sweet, and perfect for the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week:) Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.