Tuesday 12 June 2012

Rainbow diecut

I made this card yesterday using a die from Papertrey ink, and some glitter cardstock from Stampin' Up.  I wanted to play along one more time with Virginia Lu's "Yes, Virginia, I'm inspired!" multicoloured challenge, but I also wanted to use some glittery cardstock - I remembered a blog post by Sue Madex a little while ago, where she die cut some letters, but then coloured over the top of the clear glitter - I used my copics to make a happy rainbow ;)



PS I've since seen Jennifer McGuire's blog post using a die to cut a word out of double sided adhesive, sticking it to white cardstock, covering it with microfine glitter, and then colouring with copics, but I used Stampin' Up's glittery cardstock instead, and coloured it before I stuck it to the card - different technique, very similar results!  Rainbow words seem to be a bit of a trend! 

5 comments:

  1. Love the sparkly rainbow effect. Great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these results....must go find me some glitter cardstock to play with! Having no copics, I wonder what other markers might work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Michelle! The colored glittery lettering are so very lovely! Thank you, once again, for playing my little challenge! Love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours on the Stampin Up glittery cardstock are lovely and bright, looks so nice and festive for a birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like! I like the clean and simple design with a pop of rainbow colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.