Sunday 6 January 2013

A few challenges to kickstart the mojo

I've been busy making wedding invitation samples, I haven't really had any mojo to make anything else! So I decided today that I would check out some challenges out in blogland (I found heaps!), and break open some of the purchases that arrived in the mail from Simon Says Stamp a couple of days ago (Yay!).  Anyway, here's what I came up with.
 The window has some printed vellum that I've had in my stash for years - I originally made the card with an empty window, but I just wanted to add that little something extra - not overpowering, just enough.
The background in stamped with my brand new Hero Arts Looped Flower Pattern Cling stamp, and then clear embossed. The sentiment (from a Stampin' Up set)  is stamped onto my new Small Folded Banners die from Simon Says Stamp.

 I'll be submitting to quite a number of challenges!
The Play Date Cafe colour challenge
 Simon Says Stamp "New Something" challenge
 Retro Sketches #45
 A Blog Named Hero - Try Something New
 CASology - New

 And CASual Fridays - Thank you

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Love the cool layers and the criss cross stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the layout of your card and the subtle background stamping adds such a nice touch! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the window! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pretty, soft colours and I think that the vellum in the window is perfect - just enough to soften the writing that would appear behind it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet soft colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and understated, Michelle; I like your use of the patterned vellum in the window! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Michelle! Love all the little details on it and I must get my hands on that SSS folded banner die! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card...I hope you will link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week! http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-22.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.