Tuesday 29 January 2013

Clean and Simple Cardmaking 2 - Day 1

Another Online Card Class begins - hooray!  I've had a busy day with babysitting nieces and trying to get envelopes to match some wedding invitations I am making (found an exact match! Yay! and they were on the discount shelf, so got the last 100 for 50% off! Hooray!!), so I've only had time to make one card today (and assist with making 2 cards with eldest 2 nieces). 

I decided to go with the sketch of Amber Kemp-Gerstel's card - I used the Memory Box Arboscello Tree die, but cut all the leaves off. Added a glittery heart and a Hero Arts sentiment (which originally read "I have you in my heart" but I cut it in half.)

Here are the cards my nieces made using sketches from today's class. Lauren (who is 10) used Amber's sketch, same as I did - we made a reverse mask for the tree, stamped Impression Obsession Cover a Card "Vines" using three different distress inks, then sponged with the orange.  The trunk is a modified die from Stampin Up (extended the trunk and removed the leaves), and added a Hero Arts sentiment and birdie:

Caitlin (almost 8) used Kristina Werner's sketch as a starting point (in the bottom right hand corner), but decided to add some pink butterflies (from Hero Arts) and flowers. Caitlin particularly loves pink ;)

 I hope you are enjoying class as much as I am - If you haven't ever done one of these online classes, what are you waiting for!! You can find them all at www.onlinecardclasses.com ;)

6 comments:

  1. Way to get your neices involved Michelle. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous "homework", Michelle! And Caitlin made a great job too, she's a fantastic stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, it looks like you and your nieces had a wonderful time crafting! I LOVE your CAS tree card----that sparkly heart is the perfect detail! And I'm very impressed with the cards your nieces made!!! Way to go, girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun to craft with your nieces! Wish mine lived closer. Your tree card is AMAZING!!! CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB cards Michelle - LOVE your die cuts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.