Wednesday 9 January 2013

Musical happy birthday

This week, Moxie Fab world has a challenge to use a window in a card.  Also, Less is More has a challenge to use black and white with just a dash of colour. I had my treble clef die out on the desk from a card I made on Monday (I wasn't entirely happy with that one), so thought I'd use it again. I also had some Echo Park patterned paper that I thought would add a nice border, and I used my brand new Simon Says Stamp Holiday shapes die for the heart.  All the rest of the notes I handcut, and I hand drew the musical stave and the time signature on the inside of the card ;)

Oh, and for those of you who do not read music, it is actually a musically accurate representation of the first four words of the "happy birthday" song ;)

I'm enjoying wonderfully cool weather here today - 14 degrees C at the moment, and a forecast of 20 - makes a lovely change from 41 the other day - bracing for 37 on Friday! Wishing for a cool change in the bushfire ravaged areas of NSW, Victoria and Tasmania.

Have a great day ;)

11 comments:

  1. I love that your card is actually Happy Birthday! Well done (as a piano player, all the 'fake' music stamps drive me crazy! lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see music represented on cards... so often however, it appears upside down... but not here!
    Love the little heart!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card and love the acetate

    Sorry for my late visit!Thanks for Joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to the Make a Card with a Window Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.