Thursday 28 February 2013

What a difference paper can make!!!

 I made this card after a failed attempt at a different technique (see below for explanation).  I smooshed (that's a very technical term) Distress Inks onto my craft sheet (keeping the colours separate), sprayed them with water, then picked up the colour with my waterbrush and painted it onto watercolour paper. 


I made a card last month (see HERE)
  and another a couple of weeks ago (see HERE)
by smooshing some distress inks onto one edge of a piece of Stampin' Up watercolour paper, then drenching it in water to let the colour run to the other side of the paper. Well, I wanted to make a few more cards using the same technique, but I didn't have much of the SU paper left, so I used a different brand of watercolour paper.  I've used this other watercolour paper before, and it's been fine, but not for this technique!!
  On SU paper:

On OTHER paper:
I'll just have to remember NOT to try this technique with this paper again - I'll keep it for other watercolouring uses!! As you can see, it worked perfectly well for the card at the top of this post.

I hope you're having a good day - thanks for visiting :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow quite a difference isn't there. Love the finished cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the water colour effects! You are right about the different papers - always test them first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle, it's really helpful to see your results with different papers. I've bought a couple of different cheaper pads and noticed I need to be careful with the methods I use. I'll have to try some SU paper. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.