Tuesday 11 February 2014

Blue glitter everywhere!

On a blue kick today, for CASual Fridays Stamps' Blue Challenge.  
I have a few pots of glitter, but I avoid using it too much - I prefer stickles, as it's less messy. However, sometimes, the glitter comes out for a specific purpose (like this card), and I end up finding bits of glitter everywhere for weeks!
The loose glitter was necessary to get a glittery sentiment (on a vellum panel) on this birthday card - I used Stampin' Up Heat and Stick powder and Blue Siren glitter from Alison Ellis Design on the sentiment (from the "Shenanigans" set from CASual Fridays).  On the little flowers (which are actually from a Christmas set, "Christmas Carols" from CASual Fridays), I used Ballet Blue ink from Stampin' Up (why do they always discontinue my favourite colours? WHY?!), and then some sparkle embossing powder (also from Alison Ellis) in the centre with some white gel pen to finish them off. 

http://cas-ualfridaysstamps.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/let-challenge-begin.html
Thanks for visiting :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow..Stunning Michelle..Loved those Sparkled blue flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an excellent job using the shades of blue and glitter, Michelle! Gorgeous stamping and design! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that glittery birthday sentiment! And the second card is such a great guy card. Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the touch of glitter on each flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 glitter, so of course I love what you have done with card. Isn't it great when you can use a Christmas stamp beyond just making Christmas cards?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.