Sunday 2 February 2014

CASEing Donna Mikasa

 This is my 3rd post for today - to see my post for A Blog Named Hero, please click HERE.

This week's muse at CASE study is Donna Mikasa - I'm a huge fan of hers, so I had to join in at CASE study this week!
I stamped and white embossed the "Large Open Flower" from Hero Arts,  then coloured the petals with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and a water brush. I concentrated the colour on each petal towards the centre of the flower in a little heart shape.  I then added a vellum strip, stamped and gold embossed with Happy Birthday from Hero Arts "Birthday Sayings".  

 I'll also be submitting this card to Hero Arts Birthday Challenge - it fits the Metallic theme, as well as the Floral theme.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on Donna's card, Michelle! I love how you added dimension to the petals with shades of pink, and your sentiment is fab on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty, Michelle! You have such patience to color in EACH petal! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take! What embossing powder do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, Michelle! I love how you've coloured the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous effect with your coloring and of course I love the embossed vellum too :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.