Friday, 7 February 2014

Happy birthday, Mum

It is my Mum's birthday today (happy birthday, Mum!), and my Dad bought her a beautiful little Moorcroft bud vase.  The pattern is called "Fly Away Home" (you can see the pattern HERE), so I decided to make a card that looks like the vase pattern for Dad to give to Mum.  Of course, there are no stamps of the same pattern so I had to draw the pattern myself and then watercolour it using Distress Markers and a water brush. I then went over the edges with a white gel pen.  Quite happy with the result :)




 Thanks for visiting :)

UPDATE: Here's a photo of the card with the vase:

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Michelle! This card is such a good match to the vase pattern! Great drawing skills! Beautiful card! I bet your Mum loves it (and the vase). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Michelle, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! You did an amazing job drawing the vase pattern on your card!!! What a very special gift and card for your mum's birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card (and gorgeous vase). Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful drawing :) I am sure ur mom would love this and a very Happy birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Michelle, that is so beautiful!! I cannot even begin to imagine making a card like that without stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. You have so much talent...

    ReplyDelete