Friday 7 February 2014

Happy birthday, Mum

It is my Mum's birthday today (happy birthday, Mum!), and my Dad bought her a beautiful little Moorcroft bud vase.  The pattern is called "Fly Away Home" (you can see the pattern HERE), so I decided to make a card that looks like the vase pattern for Dad to give to Mum.  Of course, there are no stamps of the same pattern so I had to draw the pattern myself and then watercolour it using Distress Markers and a water brush. I then went over the edges with a white gel pen.  Quite happy with the result :)




 Thanks for visiting :)

UPDATE: Here's a photo of the card with the vase:

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Michelle! This card is such a good match to the vase pattern! Great drawing skills! Beautiful card! I bet your Mum loves it (and the vase). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Michelle, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! You did an amazing job drawing the vase pattern on your card!!! What a very special gift and card for your mum's birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card (and gorgeous vase). Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful drawing :) I am sure ur mom would love this and a very Happy birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Michelle, that is so beautiful!! I cannot even begin to imagine making a card like that without stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. You have so much talent...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.