Monday 2 June 2014

A Blog Named Hero - It's Not in the Cards!

Our challenge at A Blog Named Hero this week is "It's not in the cards" - that is, make anything but a card! I don't often make papercrafty things that aren't cards, but it's good to push yourself outside your comfort zone once in a while :)
I made a bookmark - and then I made a second one, just because I could!
This month, the DT ladies at ABNH are such lucky ducks - we get to play with goodies from Finding Nana, AND from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft!! (as well as always playing with our favourite Hero Arts goodies!)
I created the background with Gelatos from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft in Snow Cone, Watermelon and Raspberry.  I sliced a small wedge off the end of the Gelatos, and mixed them withsome water on my craft mat, then used a paint brush to flick the colour onto the white cardstock.  I then added some washi tape from Finding Nana and some feather stamps from Hero Arts. I finished off with some ribbon and twine from my stash, and a flair button with a sentiment that I thought was appropriate for a bookmark. 

I made the base of this next bookmark the same way as the first, but used more of the Snow Cone gelato than in the first bookmark.  I then added my new favourite washi from Finding Nana - I just ADORE the piano keyboard pattern!  I'm going to be using this one a lot!! I finished with some butterflies from Hero Arts "Butterfly and Flower" set in black. 



Thanks SO MUCH to our generous sponsors:



and, as always, there's a prize up for grabs from the FABULOUS Simon Says Stamp

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=634982&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom
Make sure you visit A Blog Named Hero to see all the non-card projects from the design team. 
http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.com.au/
Thanks for visiting - have a great day :)

Supplies used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.