Saturday 2 August 2014

A Blog Named Hero - Diecuts

I was in a one-layer-card mood today.  But I also wanted to make a card for this challenge at A Blog Named Hero, "Die a little".  How to use die cuts on a one layer card?  Use the dies to make masks, of course!

We're playing with stamps from Reverse Confetti this month - such awesome stamps!

OK, onto my card - these butterfly dies from Hero Arts and Sizzix are my all time favourites - I use them all the time!  I masked off the butterflies, and then sponged some Distress Inks over the top.  I then put a Hero Arts Die over the top and misted with water over the whole thing, then removed the stencil and blotted up some of the excess water (along with some of the colour).  I finished with a sentiment from Reverse Confetti. 


Please pop on over to A Blog Named Hero to see all the die cutting goodness from the Design Team ladies.  You're sure to find something that will get you into a creative mood!
http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.com.au/
and, as always, there's a prize up for grabs from the FABULOUS Simon Says Stamp
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=634982&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom
And a huge thank you to Reverse Confetti!

http://reverseconfetti.com/
Thanks for visiting :)

 Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful! I love the colored background with the white butterflies showing through!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.