Wednesday 4 March 2015

CASology Guest Designer!

I'm so excited today, because I'm a guest designer at one of my favourite challenge blogs, CASology! Thanks so much to Melissa for inviting me!  Their codeword this week is "BASKET".  Here's my take:

Yes, that basket is hand-woven - from strips of kraft cardstock that I sponged with some Distress Ink.  I die cut it out using a circle die, then cut the top edge off.  I added some twine that I plaited to make it into a hanging basket, so that I could add these gorgeous fuchsias from Clearly Besotted, which I fussy cut.  A sentiment from Hero Arts and I was done! 

Now this card doesn't fit the "easily reproducable" category of CAS, but it has only one focal image, and lots of white space, so I think it still qualifies as CAS (for the clean design, if not for the time taken to create it!)
 Make sure you drop in to CASology to see the amazing creations from the design team, and to link up your own creation - I'm looking forward to seeing what you make!

http://casology.blogspot.com.au/

http://casology.blogspot.com.au/
Thanks for visiting :)

11 comments:

  1. AMAZING card Michelle!! So glad to have you as the CASology Guest Designer this week -yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Love your basket! Congrats on Guesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I love that hand-woven hanging basket! I usually have a hanging plant like this on my front porch every summer...this card is giving me hope that someday I will actually see flowers again (and not snow and sleet and rain!)! So great to have you as Guest Designer this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is so beautiful! I love how the pinks pop from the brown of the basket! So great to have you as GD this week, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele beautiful card, I love that CB set and it is draped over the basket perfectly! So happy to have you as our guest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I was so hoping someone would do a hanging basket, and you have nailed it!! This is perfect! I remember having a very successful year with hanging baskets (one season only!). Pre-kids! So wonderful having you guesting with CASology this week! I always enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Michelle! I was so hoping somebody would do a hanging basket, and you nailed it! I recall having a successful season with hanging baskets around my pergola (one season only!) Pre-kids! SO lovely having you as a GD at CASology this week! I always enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic. I love that you made your own basket, and those flowers are just gorgeous. CAS perfection in my book. Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is...GORGEOUS! I love your card and that the basket is hand-woven...wow. Beautiful job.

    My Card Site: Creative Heart Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.