Tuesday 3 November 2015

Sharing handmade kindness

Do you know Jennifer McGuire?  If you're into cardmaking and you don't, then you should! She is scarily talented and a fabulous teacher and a wonderful mother to her kids but, if that wasn't enough, she is the most generous crafty person I know. (And that's saying something, because crafty people are all kinds of awesome.)

Jennifer has just started a new venture called "Sharing Handmade Kindness".  The idea is to encourage fellow crafters to not just make crafty things, but to share them. That is, to use our creations to cheer someone's day.  Just because.

So, earlier this week, I sent off a few cards to some friends, and I also sent a pack of cards to the Caring Hearts Card Drive (run by Vera Yates and Jennifer McGuire - more info about this HERE).  But I wanted to make some new cards to send, not just cards from my stash. So here's a card I made today and that I intend to post tomorrow.
I'll also be sharing this card over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-20/

http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2015/11/share-handmade-kindness-challenge-week-1-friends-family.htmlhttp://lingshappyplace.blogspot.com.au/p/hi-all_3.html





Thanks for visiting :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask what stamps you used for this card!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used "Messages with flourish" from Hero Arts, and "Fresh Cut Florals" from Wplus9.

      Delete
  3. This is very pretty and inspirational to me...to want to make something like it. I love the font on the sentiment and the colors are what drew me to your card. You will make someones day for sure. Robin Hawkins www.heresmyhart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright, happy colors you used, and the way you curved the greeting along the top of the images. I pinned this for future inspiration. Tfs! ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.