Saturday, 27 February 2016

Adding stenciling to Jennifer McGuire foiling

As I have mentioned here on my blog before, I was incredibly lucky last year to receive a kindness package from the one and only Jennifer McGuire. I have taken one of her foiled sentiment cards today and added some colour over the top.
I used the Hero Arts Large Lotus Pattern stencil with some Mermaid Lagoon distress ink. I didn't use the whole stencil - I used the largest lotus in the top left corner of the card, and then rotated the stencil to put the same pattern in the bottom right.  A few enamel dots were the finishing touch.
It is so difficult to photograph foiling, but you can see in this photo that the foiling is a gorgeous pool/turquoise colour - so beautiful! I am so grateful to Jennifer for sharing her talent and her love for papercrafting, and for her never ending encouragement of other crafters.  Jennifer, you are the best!
Thanks for visiting :)

1 comment:

  1. Loving your stencil work Michelle, so pretty! I think the new header looks fabulous too. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!