Tuesday 3 January 2017

Challenge at A Blog Named Hero

Welcome! Sit down for a cuppa.

We have a challenge at A Blog Named Hero called "New to me" - use something new, or use a technique that you haven't used before.  I chose to use new stamps from Right at Home stamps, along with a couple of Hero Arts stencils. I used the Crossing Waves stencil (which is new to me) for the background, and I used the Glorious Petal Stencil for the pattern on the teacup.  I coloured the cup from the "Cup of Joy" set with Copic markers first, then added the pattern over the top with a white gel pen. I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the "How have you bean" set onto some vellum, and wrapped it around my panel.
Can you see the shiny swirls above the teacup? I added the swirls of steam with Versamark ink, then embossed them with Hero Arts clear embossing powder.

Thanks heaps to our collaboration partner for January, Right at Home Stamps!
http://www.rightathomeshop.com/
Make sure you visit A Blog Named Hero to check out some inspiration from our new design team, and to enter your own "New to me" creation.
Thanks for visiting :)

Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. How lovely!! Love the warm colors and the subtle steam coming up from the pretty cup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Lovely colours and I love the sparkly steam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.