Tuesday 17 January 2017

Two Valentine's Day cards for the price of one

Hello! Today, I am sharing a Valentine's Day card I made recently, and its sister card for a wedding.
I started by using the Serendipity Stamps "Heart Scroll Die" onto some watercolour cardstock that I had coloured with some red and pink Distress Inks and water. I also cut out another heart using white cardstock.  I took the negative space of the coloured piece, and stuck it to a card front on an angle. I placed the white die-cut piece inside the negative space, and then put little dots of liquid adhesive on each of the little holes. I then put the pink/red diecut heart over the top (this one still had all of the little pieces still in place) and lined it up so all I had to do was use my tweezers to poke the little pieces out of the red heart down into the spaces in the white heart. I finished the card with a stamped sentiment from Hero Arts, and a line of white gel pen faux stitching around the edge of the panel.


 With the red heart I had left, I put that into the negative space left from cutting out the white heart (after diecutting the white panel with a stitched rectangle die from Lil Inkers), and put some Stampin Up glimmer paper behind it.  I  Took a Hero Arts mid toned blush card and stamped the "Elaborate" cling stamp from Penny black in Versamark, and clear heat embossed it. I added a sentiment die cut from the Avery Elle "Sentimental Die" set, cut from Stampin' Up Basic Grey cardstock, with Wink of Stella and then Glossy Accents added for shimmer and shine. I finished with a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 
I'll be sharing my first card at Muse challenge - here's Tracey McNeely's inspiration:
http://musecardclub.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/muse-challenge-199.html
I'll also be sharing at CASology, whose theme is "Cut"

http://casology.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/week-232-cut.html

Thanks for visiting :)

9 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards! Love the fancy hearts Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both such pretty cards Michelle! The inlaid technique used on the first card really looks like it was a labour of love and the gold sparkle of the glimmer paper takes on a totally different look on the second! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific cards Michelle ! This inlaid technique is a work of great patience but the result is so gorgeous ! Love the CAS style of the two cards ! What a beautiful look also over the glitter paper ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both - that delicate die cut is beautiful! So glad you joined us a Muse this week, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so pretty, the die cut is to die for :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific cards, Michelle! I especially love the second take with the glitter paper backing the red heart. These also are perfect for the CASology challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - isn't it great when you get two cards from your efforts? Appreciate the patience you showed by placing all the "little bits" for your inlaid heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful intricate cut Michelle! Both so beautiful!
    So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.